It's holiday season and the time-crunch is on, so if you're having trouble squeezing in your workout have no fear - try this quickie 4-minute workout. You'll build muscle, improve your cardiovascular fitness and torch fat and calories! Enjoy! #workoutwednesday
It's Workout Wednesday and time to mix it up again. This workout takes only 4 minutes so there is no excuse not to workout today! If you have more time and energy, do this routine 2-5 times through for a super mega calorie burn. Here's what you need to know...
Perform each exercise for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds before moving on to the next one. Perform each exercise twice.
TIPS: Keep your core engaged with every exercise, pay attention to proper form, breathe! And always, always listen to your body. Maybe you can only do a few reps with proper form today and that's ok, stick with it and you'll be stronger, leaner and doing more reps in no time! ;)
#workoutwednesday #tryityoull like it #doubledareyou #get it done
We need 4 hugs a day for survival, 8 for maintenance and 12 for growth, according to psychotherapist Virginia Satir... and science agrees. Research shows that a loving touch lowers blood pressure, relieves anxiety, reduces stress, strengthens our immune system, helps us bond with others, and boosts our physical and emotional health.
So why not give it a try? I did...
I learned this years ago and had myself a little experiment. My family and I were not huggers but, one day as I arrived for my usual Sunday visit, I told them about
reading this 4 hugs for maintenance thing and wanted to give it a try. So we did. It was a little awkward at first, especially as an adult hugging my adult brothers, aunts and grandparents for "no special reason," but it stuck. Now, when I go home for a visit and forget to hug someone - even my very manly, 38-year-old, 6'2" brother - I get a "hey, where's my hug!?" These days, we all hug to say hello as well as bid farewell - that's 2 hugs per person, really adding them up! Not to mention how incredibly priceless each and every one of those hugs has become now that my grandfather has passed; I'm so grateful I took the opportunity when I did. When I picture him now, I see him with a big smile and arms wide open, waiting for his hug. <3
Your turn. Hug someone today, hug everyone. Hold your honey's hand. Rub your child's back. Place your hand on your friend's arm as you talk with them. Get a massage. Give a massage. Not only is it wonderful for your health and theirs, but who couldn't use a little reconnecting in this disconnected world.
Let me know how it goes!
Happy Workout Wednesday! This week you've got STEP-UPS, HIGH-LOW PLANK, BALANCING REVERSE FLYES, and WOOD-CHOPS. As always, you'll perform as many reps possible (with good form) for 20 seconds; rest 10 seconds before moving to the next exercise. Repeat the whole sequence twice. That's it!
Where will you find 4 minutes today?
Try it, I dare you ;)
It's Workout Wednesday! Here's your new 4-minute body blast:
- kettlebell swings
- push-ups with alternating side planks
- plyo lunges
You know the drill... perform as many reps as you can in 20 seconds, making sure to keep proper form.
Rest for 10 seconds before moving on to the next exercise. Repeat the sequence once more for a total
of 2 sets and 4 minutes. That's it, 4 minutes and you are done!
You got this. Get it done. I dare you ;)
Knowing what you desire, require and deserve - what you will and will not settle for, what you want and need - is the first step in taking control of your life, your happiness and your destiny.
* What makes you smile?
* What makes you feel safe?
* What fills your heart with pure joy?
* What fulfills you?
* What brings you peace?
Now go out and do it, do more of it, create it, go after it... and do not settle for anything less. If you desire it, start requiring it, and know you deserve it! YOU ARE WORTHY of all the abundance, love, joy, money, beauty, comfort, adventure, connection, freedom, intimacy and peace that you desire, require and deserve.
Moms, spice up your daily walk with this quickie workout that will help strengthen all your mommy muscles and entertain your little one too!
Perform each exercise for 30 seconds, repeating the whole sequence at least once. To increase the burn, add a speed walk or jog between each exercise and/or repeat the entire sequence 3-5 times.
Walking Lunges - engage your abs (pull your belly button in toward your spine) and be sure to keep that front knee behind the toes; keep your weight centered over your hips (don't lean forward)
Speed walk - again, engage those abs and get moving!
Squat & Pull - stand with your feet at least hip-width apart, squat down pressing your booty back like you are sitting in a chair - knees stay behind the toes; reach your arms out, holding the stroller away from you; pull the stroller back toward you, squeezing your shoulder blades together, as you straighten your legs and come back to standing. That's one rep!
Plank - you can do this on your hands or forearms, toes or knees; just make sure to engage those abs and keep your body in a straight line from head to hips and/or ankles. Reach up and tickle your little one's toes for fun and a little added challenge!
4 minutes, that's all! You can do it! I dare you ;)
This is my favorite eggplant parmesan recipe, so yummy! I usually make a double batch - one in a large baking dish to serve that night and another divided into individual glass containers to freeze for later. (Note: if you do choose to freeze in glass containers such as Pyrex, just be sure to thaw first or put the dish in a cold oven and allow to heat with the oven to avoid shattering.)
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
2-3 large eggplants, sliced 1/2 inch thick
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
black pepper, to taste
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, grated
2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
32-oz can whole peeled tomatoes
14-oz can low-sodium tomato sauce
1/2 cup red wine (optional)
1/3 cup shredded provolone or non-dairy cheese
1 cup gluten-free panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan or non-dairy substitute
- Pre-heat oven to 475 degrees.
- Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer on two foil-lined baking sheets sprayed with cooking spray.
- Brush/spray the top of each eggplant round with a small amount of olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Bake eggplant until golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove eggplant from the oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees.
- While eggplant is baking, heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add diced onion and pinch of salt to the pan. Cook onions, stirring frequently, until they become translucent (4-5 minutes.)
- Grate garlic directly over pan and add ¼ teaspoon of the chili flakes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, whole peeled tomatoes and 1 tsp of oregano. (Use a potato masher or the side of a wooden spoon to gently break down the whole peeled tomatoes.)
- Add the red wine if using. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low, bringing sauce to a simmer. Check for seasoning and add salt or pepper to taste; set aside.
- To assemble, start with a layer of sauce - just enough to cover the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan (about 1 cup) .
- Place one layer of eggplant on top of the sauce, overlapping each slice a little.
- Pour another cup or so of the tomato sauce on top of the eggplant and continue until you've used all of the eggplant. - Top last layer of eggplant with remaining sauce.
- Layer shredded cheese evenly on top of sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix together panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and remaining spices (1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp chili flakes and ¼ tsp salt.)
- Sprinkle panko/cheese mixture in an even layer on top of the provolone.
- Bake until gently bubbling and cheese/panko topping is golden brown, about 35-40 minutes.
- Allow pan to rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Serve with a big green salad.
Recipe adapted from The Lemon Bowl.
Self-care is self-respect. This workout takes only 4 minutes but it will get your heart pumping, torch unwanted fat and calories, and make you stronger INSIDE AND OUT!
When my schedule is jam-packed and I'm short on time, I'll squeeze this quickie workout in while my coffee is brewing. Yep, right there in the kitchen! Where can you find 4 minutes today?
It's just 4 minutes! Try it, I dare you ;)
If you can't find 4 minutes a day to invest in yourself, it's time to re-evaluate your life. And if you think 4 minutes "won't make a difference", try it anyway. I dare you ;)
Here's the deal... perform each of the following exercises (pictured above) consecutively, giving 100% effort and doing as many repetitions as you can in 20 seconds while maintaining proper form. Rest 10 seconds and continue on to the next exercise. Run through the sequence once more for a total of 8 exercises in 4 minutes.
1. Jumping Jacks
3. Plyo squats
4. Mountain climbers
Do this every day - while you wait for your coffee to brew, during a commercial break, just before you jump in the shower - and start seeing results! Find a way to make it part of your routine. 4 minutes, 4 exercises, no excuses.
P.S. Watch for a new 4-minute workout next week!