Prep time: 10 mins I Cook time: 25 mins I Total time: 35 mins
This baked oatmeal recipe is one of my absolute favorite go-to's for a healthy, satisfying breakfast. I've used blueberries and apples and both are delicious!
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free rolled oats (not instant)
- ½ cup toasted pecans or walnuts (roughly chopped)
- 1 ½ cups blueberries, chopped apples or other favorite fruit (fresh or frozen)
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (I use almond)
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl combine the oatmeal, nuts and fruit. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, honey or maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
- Fill six small oven-safe containers (or an 8x8 baking dish) evenly with the oatmeal mixture. Pour the liquid evenly over the oats in each of the containers.
- Place the containers on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes (until bubbly, crisp and golden.)
- Allow the oatmeal to cool slightly and serve warm.
I used six 4 oz. Ball canning jars for these and filled them completely to the top. Individual ramekins or a square 8×8 baking dish will also work. Individual jars are convenient because you can top them with their lids and store them in the fridge to be re-heated throughout the week. (Pour a bit of additional milk or water over the oatmeal before re-heating in order to prevent it from drying out.)
Adapted from: Inquiring Chef