1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 stalks of celery, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder (adjust depending on how much heat you like!)
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1 28oz can Muir Glen petite diced tomatoes, with their juices (these cans are BPA free!)
1 15oz can Muir Glen tomato sauce
2 cups vegetable broth or water
salt & pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
1 14.5oz can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 14.5oz can black beans, drained & rinsed
Optional toppings: sliced avocado, chopped cilantro, chopped green onions, organic baked tortilla chips
1. In a large pot over medium heat, cook the bell peppers, onion and celery with a small amount of water or broth, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp tender, about 5-7 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano (and cayenne, if using), and cook for another 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, salt and pepper, and stir well. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Stir in the corn, kidney beans and black beans. Continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Serve warm with toppings of your choice.
This chili will keep in the refrigerator for about 4 days or can be stored in the freezer for several months.